Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday craft blogging



This week we are featuring Hodag in his new knitted cat bed which I made him for Hanukkah. Hodag kept sleeping in discarded boxes and looking cold, so Colin suggested I knit him a cat bed. After some serious crafting this is the result. The bed was knitted out of merino yarn and then felted in the washing machine. (I used this pattern) Hodag seems pretty pleased with the results, even if he prefers to sit on it rather than in it. On Wednesday I decided to use the left over yarn I had from the cat bed to make a knitted iphone case for my friend Michael Gillette. Michael kept leaving his iphone laying about and then panicking that he had lost it. So I made him a gadget case complete with an idiot string to prevent him leaving his expensive toy laying around. the string can be clipped to either a belt buckle or to the strap of his messenger bag. Between these two recent endeavors, I am feeling pretty dang crafty.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're pretty talented with knitting! That cat bed looks really comfy.

I'm going to pass along the photo of the knitted iPhone case to my mom. She also enjoys knitting and she and my father both have iPhones...

January 27, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Nora said...

its a super easy pattern for the iphone case. I cast on 18 stiches with a big chunky yarn and knit until it was about 12 inches long. then I folded it over and sewed up the sides. The pattern is modified from a cell phone/ ipod case in Stitch and Bitch (the first of the series).

January 27, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home