Friday, October 5, 2007

Toad in the Hole

Or rather, frog in the cup. This morning I awoke at 6:15 as I do every morning and sleepily wandered out to get the Times-Picayune. The last two weeks I have really begun to notice the encroaching winter season, as it is still quite dark when I walk onto the lawn. A few times I have startled geckos who were still out hunting for bugs. This morning as I leaned over to get the paper I saw a little brown gecko go running away from me. Then I heard a distinctive 'plop' noise. As I turned around I saw a plastic cup buried under some plants next to the porch and directly where the gecko had run. Thinking that the gecko had managed to enclose itself in the interior of the cup I picked it up. To my surprise it contained a frog, who had apparently been startled by either the gecko or I. I brought him in to show to a very sleepy Colin and grab a few photos before returning him and his cup to whence they came. The photos are not my best, but I was dang tired.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home