Friday, February 1, 2008

Ontario sucks! (For Sam)

Some of you may remember that when I was writing my thesis on quarantine and SARS I went a bit crazy. You may for example remember me wandering around muttering about how much I hated the province of Ontario because they had done such a poor job with infection control during the SARS epidemic in 2002. During one of these rants, Sam Smith found and played for me the "Toronto Song" by a band called Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie. The song is all about how much the province of Ontario sucks.

Yesterday in Entomology we learned about the black fly (family Simuliidae) which is the main vector for African River Blindness. In discussing the Black fly, our professor said that they were remarkably stubborn in attempting to feed on humans and painful when they bite. Later in lab she mentioned that there was this folk song all about black flies, called appropriately enough, the "Black Fly Song". It is also about how awful the province of Ontario is, because it is filled with Black flies.

I will give our neighbors to the north this though, the beaver IS a noble animal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home