Friday, August 31, 2007

Classes

I started classes on Wednesday. For those of you who are interested, here is my class schedule:

SET IN STONE:
Monday: 10:00-115:50 Introduction to ArcGIS
Tuesday/Thursday :8:30-9:45 Immunology
Wednesday/Friday: 8:30-9:45 Epidemiology,
Wednesday/Friday: 12:00-1:50 and 3:30-5:00 Helminths or Protzoology-
(1/2 semester each)

ELECTIVES (one of these will be decided on)
Tuesday/Thursday: 10:30-11:45 Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Tuesday/Thursday: 10:00-11:50 Advanced Topics in Emerging Pathogens
Tuesday: 1:00-2:50 Microbial Diseases of the Tropics


Here is my department website, just for kicks.

Anyway, as you can see, I have class four days a week at 8:30 am. this has been lots of fun so far, since my classes are in downtown New Orleans and we live near Tulane's main campus in uptown. This means I have to wake up at about 6:30 Tuesday though Friday to get dressed, shower, and eat something before biking to campus to catch the 7:50 shuttle to downtown. When I finally get on the bus I am all hot and sweaty from the ride, but I usually dry off by the time I reach my building. After classes, I basically do the entire process in reverse to get home.

I was hopping to start going to the gym this week after classes, (I leave my bike at the athletic facilities to catch the shuttle anyway) but so far I have not gotten up the energy to do so. I plan on getting a locker and beginning workouts on Tuesday, since we get Labor day off. I am trying to convince myself that I am making a good start by biking three miles 5 days a week, but I still feel like an athletic slacker.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pfft. If it makes you feel any better, you know I never do any kind of exercise AND instead of writing (usually) I just sit around and eat cookies, telling myself, somehow, that eating cookies will make me likelier to write.

Papers = pounds. Papers = bad for one's health.

But dude! Congrats on the kick-off! And you should tell me more about using ArcGIS once you get into it--people where I used to work always had questions about it. Apparently it's dead useful, and it's something I might like to take a course in down the road if/when. You know? Just because it seems to show up everywhere. And maps are sweet!

*Hugs and miss you!*

September 3, 2007 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Connor said...

Jeez. You just made *me* feel like a slacker. :P

September 4, 2007 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Nora said...

well, my program reqiuires at least 15 credit hours a semester, which is nuts. I am actually taking a normal load of 17 hours.

Its really the stupid shuttle that adds a ton of time, 20 minutes to downtown, but 40 minutes back! If it wasn't for that I would feel a lot less harried, and be able to sleep [ast 6:15...sigh.

September 4, 2007 at 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home