Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wedding, part I

This last weekend Colin and I traveled to Madison WI, for the wedding of our dear friends Annie and Doug. This was the first of the three weddings we will be attending in the next few weeks, and I have to admit that I am already exhausted. What is it about weddings that is so tiring? Perhaps it is the emotional upheaval that comes from seeing someone you love at the beginning of their new life with their partner. Despite my tiredness, I am so glad we were able to go, because the wedding was fabulous.

You always want to see your friends be themselves, even on as big an event as their wedding day. I am happy to say that Annie and Doug managed to design a ceremony that was meaningful, moving, beautiful and, most importantly, really reflected who they were. Colin and I both teared up several times during the night.

We also got to see some of our other friends from U of C, and we were able to spend a lot of time with Jasmine and Thomas. It was really great to see them for such an extended time (we bummed a ride from O'Hare to Madison with them) and get to talk with them about our lives in New Orleans.

It really was an idyllic visit.

If you would like to see some candid snapshots from the event, click here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nora and Colin,

so good to visit with you. i had a great time talking.

Jenn C.

July 27, 2008 at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home