Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Bike Blogging: Post-Gustav Edition

I don't have any photos this week, but there are a few things to report from my travels yesterday and today on the bike. The first is that New Orleans's streets are only slightly more hazardous than they were before Gustav. There is noticeably more debris in the road, but not so much that it causes major problems for bikes. That seems to be a combination of there not being very much damage to begin with, and a relatively efficient clean up effort. The other thing to report is that the farmers' market this morning was about half its normal size. The specific people that I noticed missing were the people with the Cajun meats and sausages, and the people from Plaquemines Parish with the satsumas. I hope they're all doing okay.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger raisin said...

And I hope you bring a satsuma for me next time you are in town. I've never had one. Glad life is getting back to normal in Nawlins.

September 17, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home