Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday bike blogging

My friend Sammy and I have recently been taking long bike rides on the New Orleans levee bike path. This is a trail that leads from uptown New Orleans all the way to Baton Rouge along the Mississippi river. The trail is well paved and not too crowded, even on beautiful sunny weekends. Since the path is right along the Mississippi you can see river traffic, and even a small strip of adjacent marsh, complete with many bird species. (So far we have seen Anhingas, Egrets, Herons, and a guinea fowl). Needless to say, we have been enjoying our exercise very much, and have been traveling around 20 to 25 miles each time we get together. This last trip we decided to meet earlier than usual, starting at 11am, and finishing around 2pm. I knew that we would be out biking during the sunniest part of the day, so I was careful to put sunscreen on my face, neck, and arms. We had a wonderful time as usual, and made it out past the Louis Armstrong Airport and the Kenner historic district, which includes the site of the first heavyweight boxing championship in 1870. Only one detail marred my enjoyment of the day, I forgot to apply sunscreen to my legs.


Next time, more sunscreen. (Can you see where my pants ended?)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home