Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yay! New Computer

This is a long story. It is meant as amusing, rather than complaining. Near the end of last summer, my labmate Tomasz gave me his old computer, as my work computer was not-so-slowly dying. Tomasz just graduated a few weeks ago. Back in January, he warned me that the friend he had gotten the computer from was going to want it back when Tomasz left the country. So at the beginning of the month, they came in to retrieve it. By then I had recovered everything I needed from it, so it's not that big a deal. Except then that I was computer-less. I had been meaning to purchase a laptop to both use at work and replace the (old) computer I got from Jena in 2005 (and which she had gotten in 2001). Unfortunately, due to a medium-sized (but now fixed) SNAFU, I was without funds to purchase a computer until just a few days ago. At the same time, my labmate Mike started digging up computer pieces to assemble a computer for me. That computer got up and running today. So now I have a work computer. Yes, I still plan to get myself a new laptop. But that can wait another week or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home