Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

My favorite holiday has come and gone. For those of you who do not know, I love Halloween. I love the costumes, the candy and the merriment. New Orleanians seem to love Halloween too, every house was decorated with carved pumpkins, fake cobwebs and spooky lighting. It probably helps that this city has awesome front porches, providing the perfect space to accessorize. On Halloween night, Colin and I went to a party thrown by my compatriots in tropical medicine. It was fabulous, everyone there was dressed like a real dork.Here are the costumes that the Friedman-Mcfaul family wore:


I went as a Aedes Aegypti mosquito, these photos do not show my stripped legs (tights), a key distinguishing feature of this vector.

Colin went as a Soc Professor. Here he is shown in a corduroy jacket with leather elbow patches, bearing both Marx and Hegel, as well as a bottle of red wine.

Hodag went as the LSU mascot, Mike the Tiger.


Lastly, major props go out to my tropical medicine buddy Jennifer, who went as a hookworm. (Ancelostoma Duodenale)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

... amazing.

:)

November 4, 2007 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home