Thursday, March 13, 2008

Balded



As I promised, here are photos of me during and after my shaving. I am actually rather fond of being bald, I had no idea how much cooler my head would feel with appropriate convection and evaporation. I was mildly worried that I would look weird without any hair, but I am pleased with the results, and am glad that I have no odd bumps on my head. The event itself was pretty amazing, St. Baldricks had professional barbers and stylists volunteering at the event to assist us in the removal of our hair. I was particularily pleased to note that Adian Gill, of "Adian Gill for Men" had taken the day off to help out.


Who is that dapper Dubliner? Why, Adian Gill of course.
The Shavee is Katerina, who is in Tropical Medicine Seminar with me.

All in all, over a hundred students and faculty from Tulane shaved their heads and raised 50,000 dollars for Pediatric cancer research. Out of those 100+ shavees, only four were female. I was a bit saddened to see that only a few girls were willing to totally shave it all off. Many girls were there to donate to locks of love, but very few were willing to go totally bald. I am hoping that next year more women will participate, after all, little girls also lose their hair when they go through chemotherapy, not just little boys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hott!

:p

I salute you, baldy. Just saying.

March 16, 2008 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

Thanks Amber!

My mom requested some 3-d glamour shots, so be expecting those to go up soon.

March 16, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home