Monday, July 28, 2008

OMG we have a house.

After much trial and tribulation, Colin and I are pleased to announce that we have actually bought a house! It is the same one we featured in our earlier post about home purchasing, and now we have a signed title to prove it is ours. Among the awesome features we have just gone heavily into debt for* are:

1. A yard, including a mammoth tree. we plan on removing some of the concrete and converting it back to grass. We hope to grow some vegetables and ornamental plants, all suggestions are welcome for what we should put in.



2. A large dining room. Gone will be the days of squeezing our many friends into a small space, we think if we lay out the tables correctly we can have a huge group over for passover. Since everyone knows how much we like to entertain, this is a big bonus for us. Also, if it is an absolutely huge party, we can set up tables in the foyer.

3. An awesome foyer. Yeah, you heard me right, an entry way of epic proportions and style. It is kind of useless for any storage or actual use, except as dining room overflow, but it is pretty snazzy.



4. A kitchen with a gas stove and a dishwasher. After cooking on electric burners for a year, Colin and I are really excited to be using gas again. I am also thrilled to have a dishwasher, Colin is fine with hand washing dishes, but I feel it takes a lot of time that I would rather be doing something else.


The saga of the house purchase is long and horrific, and I will not bore you with it. Basically though, the sellers were a bit disorganized and we were afraid the sale would fall through at any moment. Given that, I am still in disbelief that we have managed to buy this place. I guess it will be more real when we move in. Our apartment lease is up on August 15th, and we will be moving our possessions in after the house is treated for termites (welcome to New Orleans, where termites are in everything).

* I joke, we have debt now, but I think we have it well in hand.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dean W. Armstrong said...

Yay! The foyer is truly epic.

July 28, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn C. says...Congratulations! I am jealous. Your place looks awesome!

July 28, 2008 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger raisin said...

It is gorgeous! Reminds me of Tara. Was so good to see you guys on Sunday.

July 29, 2008 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my god. I want a picture of Nora in a ballgown on that staircase. Like, now.

Congratulations again! And thank you for the more pics! Swoonage.

July 30, 2008 at 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home