Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home!

We have safely returned from our winter vacation. We had the good fortune to go both to Kauai and California, and we were able to spend time with both of our families. While we were gone, Hodag tried to make a break for freedom (through the fireplace of all escape routes!!) but was luckily recaptured by our intrepid cat sitter, who found him a few blocks from our house. Both cats are now safe and sound, and seem thrilled that we are back to snuggle and entertain them.

Spring semester classes start tomorrow, and Colin will be taking Quantum mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Computational Physics and probably sitting in on a class on General Relativity. I on the other hand, will soon be starting my required internship to complete my masters degree. Once I have logged all the hours, and written a report about the experience, I can receive my MSPH in parasitology.

But, before we get started on the new semester, here are some photos from our trip to Hawaii.


Colin, enjoying a tropical beverage.


A sunset from the porch of my parents hotel room.


Aerial roots hanging over a cave on the North shore of Kauai.


A photo of Colin at the Kilauea Light House,
an excellent place to bird watch.


A Nene Goose, the endangered state bird of Hawaii.


A Monk Seal, or, translated from the Hawaiian,
"the dog that runs through rough waters".


A Moa, or feral chicken.
These are all over Kauai, and in places on the other Hawaiian islands.


A Marine toad that I caught in the wee hours of the morning,
during my jet lagged phase of vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home