Monday, January 19, 2009

King Cake for Martin Luther King Day.

Yesterday I made my first King Cake of the Carnival season. Carnival season is already underway, and a list of the various parades that can be seen in the New Orleans area can be found here. Festivities have already begun, and Mardi Gras itself is on February 24th. I used a recipe from the Times Picayune Cooking Up a Storm cookbook, which, as you can see, produced a monstrously large king cake. I have not yet sampled the final product, but I have high hopes based on the taste of the dough. A recipe similar to the one I used can be found here.







2 Comments:

Blogger Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Thanks for the link back to my King Cake Recipe!

Culinarily yours,

CCR =:~)

February 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

No, thank you Cajun Chef Ryan! I plan on making the king cake again this carnival season, since the first one was so tasty.

February 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home